All companies and organizations, more or less, do marketing, but not all of them create catchy brands and loyal customers. This happens due to the quality and branches of marketing chosen. When speaking about getting the result needed, we face several factors like strategy or tactics.
What is the strategy? It’s the way, the plan, in other words, you go through to achieve the defined goal.
Strategic marketing is one of the most important ones because creating a marketing plan helps develop the product, grow it, and present better than the competitors do. Generally, marketing can only be the action, while strategic marketing includes separate steps, planning, and tactics of implementation. To create a working campaign and use the marketing strategy, you need to make a plan, have a work-division between the employees, and share the same values and goals.
What is Strategic Marketing?
While planning the steps strategically you should be well aware of the industry, analyze the competitors, find out weaknesses and strengths, as well as financial conditions. To be able to deal with the weaknesses of your company you plan how to fill the missing elements and focus on one issue. Then after finding the solution, you pass to the other one. This can be considered as a good strategic development. Thus it becomes clear that strategic marketing is not a short-term procedure – it’s a long-lasting process.
Elements of Strategic Marketing
There are thousands of blogs, huge amounts of information, and many channels nowadays; it has become harder for the audience to keep up with it. Talking about the challenges, the majority of marketers mention the traffic and leads. And marketing strategy can deal with this problem also, but first, you need to have a plan, which should include the following criteria:
- Clearly defined demographics – areas, audiences, branches to be able to reach the people you want.
- Set up Key Performance Indicators and try to follow them.
- Choose appropriate tools and platforms.
- Integrate the platforms, design, take marketing steps, analyze the data.
- Via sales, audience engagement, and raising awareness to create and implement marketing tactics, targeted campaigns.
What is audience identification and why is it important?
In the process of audience definition, you should answer several questions, like who are your clients, what are they looking for, where, and how often. The identification of your own audience and analyzing it is the key aspect of building a strategy. Thanks to this, you can have a targeted approach.
How to analyze the competitors?
What differentiates strategic marketing from simple marketing is the competitors’ analysis. In this stage, there are several questions to answer: what do the competitors spend their money on, which are their strengths and which are yours, who do they deal with that you do not and several others. Nowadays, many tools make competitive analysis easier and faster. Bare in mind – maybe you can go on without this component, but strategically this will not be right. This is the key element of strategic marketing.
How to set up goals and to carry the analysis of opportunities?
Strategic marketing includes the element of opportunities and goals. In the marketing plan, all the results of the opportunity analysis should be included. When defining goals and opportunities, the questions to answer can be: where can you grow your business, where to find the best opportunity for growth, what are the abilities you have now compared to previous years, what actions to take for better results.
How to set up and analyze your message?
Another aspect that strategic marketing includes is dealing with what you want to say and how. That is called the message of your company/business. Analyzing this will help to be understood better by the audience and getting higher results. When thinking about this point, you can consider the following aspects: what message is associated with your company, and why which message brought you the audience you have today.
Which are the main stages of strategic marketing?
It is no matter if you are a beginner or an advanced businessman, it is worth thinking about your marketing strategy thoroughly. Good marketing is always important and effective. The main factor to bear in mind is that everything you do is aimed at solving a definite problem. And of course, every problem should involve several phases. Here we will speak about three main phases for developing a high-quality, strategic marketing plan.
- Evaluation or Control
The stage of planning is one of the crucial ones because it is the analysis of competitors, strong and weak points. If viewing the process structurally we can define three aspects: a) SWOT analysis, b) marketing program, c) setting marketing, and product goals.
- SWOT analysis marks out the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats referring to your business. To perform the analysis, you should identify trends of the niche, analyze competitors, and carry out research on company customers. When the analysis is done, you should use the results to develop a marketing plan that should be easy to measure and implement.
- Marketing programs are developed after determining customer needs and deciding how to meet those needs. The plan usually contains 4Ps (Price – pays attention to the price lists, sales, payments; product – takes into account branding, packaging and features; promotion – brand awareness, PR, direct marketing; place – focus on outlets, means of transportations, how to get products to the customers).
- When you have fully understood your customer’s needs, you can go ahead with setting the ways to meet them. For example, find your differences, points of uniqueness, superiority above the others. And then take into account the target market: how to satisfy them.
Next step implementation. It comes forward when it comes to the actions. If you as a company cannot implement everything designed and thought-out before, then both your time and efforts were in vain. But if you were serious and realistic enough to foresee the actions, you can easily make it happen using the steps described below.
- To get resources – mainly the amount of cash needed for the development and including the market products.
- To design how to organize marketing – this is mainly a step connected to planning how to do marketing, which channels to use, and how to make the plan become a reality.
- To develop schedules of plans – graphics are essential while task division; thus, the deadlines should also be included for better implementation.
- To fulfill the plan – when fulfilling the plan, it’s needed to focus on details, not to forget about tactics and marketing plan steps.
Evaluation can be described as the process of checking. It includes viewing the results, making sure they are appropriate and solving contradictions. For example, if the result is worse than it was planned to be, the plan should be reviewed, the solution can be found as the reduction of the budget, and in accordance, if the results are better than expected, the plan can also be reviewed, and the budget can be raised.
As you can understand, well-crafted marketing is too essential. If you really need to have something that will succeed and help in the development of your business, a well-designed strategy plan is exactly what you should follow.
Good marketing begins by outlining your planning goals and further steps and ends with implementing it. That means it shouldn’t be put away; instead, it should always be involved in your everyday activity.
Take all the steps described above and the result will get as soon as you would like to.
And always remember marketing gives high results when you are dedicated to what you do.